Friday 3 April 2009

8

Yesterday both my Nikon fisheye and fast Tamron zoom arrived so I spent the day trying them out (mostly the fisheye because it's more fun). I went for a drive, not really knowing where I was going and stopped in a small parking bay in the middle of nowhere. Luckily I had stumbled upon a wonderful little spot by the river with some rickety steps leading down to the bank. I took quite a few shots of the river but for once it was a glorious day and the bright sun caused quite an enormous amount of flare, which apparently can be quite a problem with fisheye lenses.

While I was there I also noticed that it could be a good spot to try out some light trail shots of traffic, and went back out later to try it. Typically, all the big trucks with fancy lighting rigs that typically use the road were absent until I had packed up when immediately four went by in the space of a minute. I did however manage to catch this bus, though only just. I was in the process of packing kit away and had to scramble to set up again before it went by, only just taking the lens cap off in time.

As Sandra was out enjoying a free meal as part of a course she is on and we had no food in the house, I decided to treat myself to fish and chips on the way home. Typically of Dumfries and Galloway, it was closed for no apparent reason.

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikon 10.5mm f2.8 fisheye
Aperture: f2.8
Shutter Speed: 10 Seconds
ISO:
800

No comments:

Post a Comment