Sunday 26 April 2009

32

Today was the NPS mountainbiking race in Ae Forest, a couple of miles from here. I don't know much about mountainbiking but as suggested to me by another photographer, it can make some great pictures so I decided to go along for a look. I knew it was supposed to be a big event, but I was still quite suprised at just how many people were there. Almost half the crowd seemed to be photographers with ridiculously expensive lenses, especially compared to the cheap kit lens I'd brought along to try out.

I've never tried photographing action like this before so it was a new experience for me. I tried out the panning technique I keep reading about in order to blur the background whilst keeping the rider still, and I'm pleased to say it seems to have worked.

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikon 28-80mm f3.3-5.6 @31mm
Aperture: f9
Shutter Speed: 1/125
ISO:
200

No comments:

Post a Comment