Sunday 29 March 2009

4

Today we went to the Garden Centre because Sandra wanted some flowers for the baskets outside. Instead of pretending to be interested while she wandered round looking for suitable candidates, I spent my time taking some macro shots of whatever colourful plants I could see. This is apparently a Geranium. I think it's some kind of flower. As you can tell, my knowledge of the plant world isn't that great, despite growing up with my step-day who is the head-gardener at a large National Trust property in Wales.

I learned one important lesson on this trip: Never give anything to Sandra for safekeeping. No sooner had I passed her my 24mm macro lens in order that I could reach a bird feeder (expect some shots of birds in our back garden at some point) than she dropped it onto the floor with a sickening 'thud'. I suppose 'thud' was better than 'crack' though because it still appears to work thankfully!

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Sigma 105mm f2.8 Macro
Aperture: f2.8
Shutter Speed: 1/1250
ISO:
100

No comments:

Post a Comment