Friday 27 March 2009

1

So the project is up and running! Here is my first photo, taken last night at Whitesands Fair in Dumfries. I'd been planning to come out all week to get a long exposure shot of the rides in the dark with some nice light trails and their reflections in the river, but unfortunately it's been raining every night. Typical Dumfries weather.

Sandra and I finally went last night and suffered the freezing cold while I waited what seemed like ages for any rides to move. The planned shot kinda worked but was rather less impressive than I'd hoped for. The fair looked rather pitiful from the other side of the river unfortunately. I felt sorry for the carny folk hanging around in the cold as all sane people had clearly decided to go to bed early with a mug of hot chocolate instead of go to the fair.

We crossed the bridge and had a quick stroll through the middle and I took this along the way. Carousel horses always looked vaguely sinister to me. Kinda like an old lady who wears too much make-up.

We crossed the bridge at the other end hoping to get a good meal at Hulabaloo only to be told the kitchen was closed. It was only 8.30! So we returned home frozen to the bone and with empty stomachs. At least we were in the car by the time the hail storm struck.

I think i'm going to take a photograph of a radiator for today's shot...

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikon 18-105mm f3.5-5.6 VR @45mm
Aperture: f4.8
Shutter Speed: 1/100
ISO:
3200

No comments:

Post a Comment