Tuesday 9 June 2009

75



Since I didn't get to use my cheap zoom and 2x teleconverter combo yesterday to full effect, I decided to take them to Dumfries with me to take a few pictures of the birds at Whitesands. With the teleconverter and crop factor of the D90 it works out that I can get an impressive 900mm out of £75 worth of kit. Not too bad really. It even auto-focuses, albeit very slowy. Unfortunately at maximum zoom, the shots were a little soft but the results weren't too bad if I didn't zoom in fully. There weren't any unusual birds around so settled for a photo of this seagull because he had a bit of character. At one point a huge salmon leapt out of the water but I didn't have to time to even raise the camera, let alone take a photo.

Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: Nikon 70-300mm f3.5-5.6 @220mm with Jessop 2x teleconverter
Aperture: f5
Shutter Speed: 1/320
ISO:
800

No comments:

Post a Comment